I can’t believe today is the last day of the year!
This has been a packed year. I saw on tumblr people were posting reflections on the past year. I decided to join in and post it on my blog.
- What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I went to New York, that was amazing although a very short trip. I was the assistant editor for Imaginary Gardens at Pellissippi and I planned an event as well.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly don’t remember my New Year’s Resolution for 2013.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
I sadly did not visit any countries this year. Although I will be going to Japan in 2014! I will keep you posted on that!
- What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
I would like to be less anxious and to keep my depression away. Oh I would also like to have money. Lots of money.
- What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
-Feb. 14, 2013 Valentine’s Day.It was one of the best dates my boyfriend and I had in a long time. Between money problems, me being stressed about college.
-March 10, 2013 the day I got my acceptance Letter to UT the week before I went to New York!
-For my birthday a couple of friends surprised me and took me to The Library. A Very nice bar.
-May 10, 2013 I graduated from Pellissippi. Granted the ceremony itself was underwhelming, but seeing my family and friends there, that was my favorite part.
-Going to Walt Disney World with my family and boyfriend a week after I graduated.
What a wonderful time.
-Sept. 1, 2013 – Boomsday! I had a great time hanging out with old and new friends!
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating from Pellissippi State
- What was your biggest failure?
I really can’t recall my biggest failure. I guess that is a good thing.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
I still deal with tendinitis in both of my knees after 3 years. Yah.
- What was the best thing you bought?
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
Pope Francis vow of poverty. I wish all priests, bishops, etc. would take this vow.
- Whose behavior made you appalled?
- Where did most of your money go?
College and makeup.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Graduating from Pellissippi, Walt Disney World & Islands of Adventure, and Going to UT.
- What song will always remind you of 2013?
I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL!!!!!
- Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
I am a happier and definitely poorer.
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had written more and relaxed.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- How did you spend Christmas?
Read all about it here!
- Did you fall in love in 2013?
I have fallen in love with my boyfriend every day ever since I have met him back in August 2009.
- What was your favorite TV program?
Sleepy Hollow & Doctor Who
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I don’t hate anyone. Hate is such a strong emotion and takes too much energy.
- What was the best book you read?
World War Z
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
“Let It Go” from Disney’s Frozen
- What did you want and get?
Basically my all my Christmas gifts.
- What did you want and didn’t get?
A car. Maybe someday.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
- What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having true friends.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Comfortable and exploring my style.
- What kept you sane?
Friends, family, my boyfriend, and prayer. And exercising occasionally.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jennifer Lawrence and Anne Hathaway
- What political issue stirred you the most?
Obamacare, the Government shutdown, and the gang rape case that occurred in India.
- Who did you miss?
An old friend, Jessica. We don’t talk as much as we used to. Our friendship has changed.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013
It is okay to quit sometimes, it doesn’t mean I have failed and I should make a habit of it.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I try twice as hard and I’m half as liked
~Some Nights by Fun