- Ellen I’m not sure if I like the little bow thingy.
- I bet the people of Ukraine, Venezuela, and Thailand find your joke funny Ellen.
- She just insulted Lizzia Minlia
- Meryl Streep has been nominated 18 times. I saw Leo and he is like, will I be like that one day.
- “Who are we kidding, this is The Hunger Games.”
- Making fun of Jennifer Lawrence. “If she wins, we should bring the award to her.”
- Jared Leto- he is the prettiest
- Anne Hathaway-they are playing Les Mis as she comes out to present. I like her hair.
- Jared Leto- for supporting actor! He is so attractive!
- He thanks his mom, ahhhh he is so sweet! His mom is pretty! His brother is attractive too. Good genes in the family.
- Yes, he mentions ukraine and venezuela!
- By the way, it is just Ukraine, not The Ukraine.
- Shiny suit! Wow- Jim Carrey
- I love Jim Carey- I missed him.
- “May give birth any moment” Kerry Washington
- Pharell Williams- HE IS WEARING THE HAT
- Amy Adams can dance- cool
- Catherine Martin- I’m glad she is thanking her team. The Great Gatsby
- Leonardo looked like he teared up a little after Catherine’s speech
- Makeup & Hairstyles- Dallas Buyers Club
- And for all the victims of AIDS- It felt really random.
- Harrson Ford- facial looks good.
- Channing Tatum- he looks attractive, he looks a little tired.
- Sandra Bulock looked so confused.
- Matthaw McConhuys . Kim Novak, you look scary,
- Animated Short Film Who has heard of that? Mr. Hublot
- The one guy that isn’t talking just keeps staring and looks petrified.
- best animated feature film- Frozen
- SO HAPPY!!!
- Cool, they showed Ben Hur! I actually just watched that movie today!
- I loved the little bow he gave to Emma Watson.
- I hope the Hobbit wins! Special effects, they have a dragon for goodness sakes. If not than Star Trek.
- Gravity?!?!?! Rolling my eyes. Figures, they can’t honor any show that has anything geek related to it.
- Zac Effron- that is so random.
- Who is this singing?
- Kate Hudson your dress is pretty and yes I saw you kick back your dress.
- Best Short Film- goes to Helium. Looked interesting.
- twitter is more enjoyable than most of the oscar speeches
- I hate when music cuts off peoples speeches.
- Ellen, “Is anyone Hungry?”
- I love the stage floor this year.
- I love Angela Lansbury
- They used Harry Potter soundtrack music to exit out!
- Ewan McGregor please cut your hair!
- Okay all I care about is three things:
1. Indina Menzel Singing
2. Let It Go wins best original song
3. Leonardo De Caprio gets an Award.
- Can we get the show on the road.
- Ellen is all in white
- Everything U2 writes and sings sounds the same. I’m so over them. I have been over them for about 10 years now.
- Someone retweeted me. Day made.
- I’m having more fun watching my twitter feed
- I hope the Hobbit wins
- Again gravity! OMG
- I swear they have a prejudice against anything that has a geeky theme to it
- If gravity wins again…
- Gravity beats dragon roars??? No logic
- Gravity has won so many awards and defeated The Hobbit so many times I don’t want to see it. I heard from a lot of people it was bad
- I added a scarf- Ellen
- Best Actress in Supporting Role- finally!
- I want June or Jennifer to win.
- Lupita wins, okay.
- Willy Wonka Song. Love it
- I love the purple dress (girl from precious)
- Wizard of Oz music
- Whoppi Goldberg presents and her dress looks exactly like julia roberts
- P!nk singing somewhere over the rainbow- wow surprised by her dress, her singing and good job
- Anytime Idina is going to sing, I hope
- Elenor parker, peter o toole, richard griffiths, philip symour hoffman. Miss you all.
- Bette- wind beneath my wings after the memorandum for all the people in hollywood that passed away this year
- Did they cut Bette off?
- Yah Idina!
- Oh I heard the crack in her voice at the end
- Even still she can sing better than anyone
- best score- gravity
- I want to throw something at the TV.
- I don’t know anyone who has seen gravity
- if let it go doesn’t win…
- FROZEN LET IT GO WINS!
- The acceptance speech by them so cute!!!
- I’m happy. Frozen won all the awards.
- LEO DIDN’T WIN AGAIN!!!!?!?!?
- I give up on you Oscars.
Thanks to tumblr I have been finding out more and more that men have a certain idea what women should and should not wear, or how they should look. There are lists upon lists about how men think we should dress. I really didn’t think men cared about fashion by how they dress, well apparently they do.
Guess what men? I don’t care. I will wear what looks good on me. I will wear what I like.
I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, at the same time though the articles that I was reading here, over here, and another here were all written in a manner that suggested that we should pay attention to what men think of our clothes.
Believe it or not guys. I don’t dress for you. I dress for myself. I love clothes. I love fashion and I love experimenting with it. I didn’t get the chance to do that for most of my life because I couldn’t afford to buy clothes for myself, my parents aren’t rich, and I went to private school where I had to wear uniforms so I didn’t have much of an opportunity to try different clothes and experiment.
- Jeggings- I recently got a pair of jeggings for Christmas and I love them. And I will continue to wear them
- Oversize Glasses
- Skinny Jeans
- Big Scarves
- White Lace dresses and tops
- Sun Hats
- High Waisted Retro Bikini
- High Waisted Shorts
- Dramatic makeup-My boyfriend is not a fan of this look believe it or not, however that is because he says it hides my natural beauty. However, that being said, he would never tell me I looked horrible or ridiculous. He would never tell me I shouldn’t wear that much makeup.
- Pointy toe shoes and boots
- Hair bows
- Oversized Sweaters- they are my favorite!
- Leggings- Also another favorite
- Shoulder Pads
- Dark lipstick
- Gladiator Sandals
- Baseball Caps
- Yoga Pants
- Giant Scarves
- Red lipstick
- Bright lipstick
Fashion Trends I have never Worn, but I will try now:
- sticky lip gloss
- Bandanna biknis- Bikinis without straps
- High low dresses
- fold over ankle boots
- black and white stripes
This isn’t even the full list! These are only items that stood out to me.
Isn’t this list ridiculous? You can have an opinion, but the fact that websites that are driven towards women went to a bunch of men just to see what do they think and the articles are written in a way that suggest to us to reconsider, that is just ridiculous.
If I like an outfit, it looks flattering on me, and I feel happy in it. I should wear it and I will.
Are there any of these trends you would try? Any of these trends you wouldn’t try? Let me know in the comments below!
Here are my thoughts of the show from last night.
- Beyonce- I don’t like her hair, reminds me of a wet dog. The whole act in the beginning remind me of Flashdance and a strip club act. If people don’t give Beyonce grief for this performance like they gave Miley for hers than they hypocrites. I kept thinking throughout this whole thing is when is it going to end. Please end. This is worse than Mileys songs and I am not a Miley fan.
- I always love seeing Taylor dance in the audience. Best part of the whole first performance.
- LL Cool J- I like his suit and his intro speech needs work. I just wish he would stop talking. Another Taylor Swift joke, starting to get old and I am not even a Swifty or whatever the superfans call themselves. I do think its funny that she mainly writes about that at the same time though I say she go for it, I just hope she writes more than that in the future.
- Glad Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis got Best New Artist! So glad.
- Lorde singing Royals. Please stop. Your performance makes me sad because of how bad it is. I can barely hear you and when I do I just want to cry from how bad it is. Also thanks for the angel statue in the background, all whovians, me included, began freaking out during the performance. Thanks.
- Hunter Hayes- nope, just nope.
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performace- Daft Punk won. Oh well I would rather it was Pink and Nate Ruess. At least it wasn’t Robin Thicke.
- They had a choice between 2 of The Beatles or all of the Jonas Brothers- BURN!!!!
- Katy Perry- I can’t fully understand you because of the dome surrnonding you. No impressed. Cool performace, interesting dancing, cool themes, could do without rap, but I’m not into a lot of rap. Her singing is not that great live and the bouncing there at one point just looked silly.
- Chicago and Robin Thicke- This really upset my boyfriend. A group as talented as Chicago and Robin Thicke is singing with them. It’s like Queen and Justin Bieber together.
- Keith Urban- I’m sure it was good, but I was just not interested in listening to it.
- I love you ABBEY!
- John Legend- Again, I’m bored. Seriously I bet it is beautiful, but when your voice fades in and out, and I wish I had subtitles- that is a problem.
- Best Rock Song- I could live with it, Paul McCartney winning works for me.
- Honestly all the people nominated for Best Rock Song should have performed tonight because the other individuals haven’t impressed me.
- Taylor Swift- the best so far tonight and she was pretty good. And than she whips her hair back and forth, she whips her hair back and forth.
- I’m so over Bruno Mars.
- Yah P!nk! Please don’t let me down.
- She may not be singing at this point, but honestly her performance is different and I like it. The performace was well done, had heart and I can understand her. What is with the bad guy mustache on Nate Ruess? I love her outfit change, very smart.
- Finally something good and interesting. First performance I have genuinely enjoyed throughout the whole show. Thank you P!nk
- Best Pop Solo Performance– Lorde. Oh well. I preferred Roar myself.
- Ozzy I still can’t understand what you are saying.
- Ringo- good performance. Thank you the Grammys needed more performances that were good.
- Jamie Foxx- you are awkward.
- I think there is a snag in the announcement of who is nominated because I don’t see any of the lettering for the show.
- Best Rap Sung Collaboration– Jay Z & Justin Timberlake. Cute Sippy cup comment.
- Like Imagine Dragons, but not impressed with Lamar.
- Taylor Swift is dancing again. Lots of bleeping. Oh Taylor’s mom is joining her in the dancing.
- Camera is lagging they must be having issues tonight.
- It’s so bright I can’t see them anymore. Cool show when its just Imagine Dragons.
- Kacey Musgraves- its cheesy, campy and I like it. I enjoy it Immensely. The song has a great message, she has a great voice, and I can understand her. I really enjoy that performance. There was nothing wrong with her performance. Love her skirt, love her boots, love her whole outfit.
- What’s Julia Roberts doing here? She doesn’t sing. Someone who was around when the Beatles were in their hayday should present them. My boyfriend, a Beatles enthusiast, agrees.
- Nice to see some of the member perform together. Now this a performace. No flashy lights, no flashy costumes, no fog machines. Just a great performance. That is how you put on a show. It was nice.
- Best Pop Vocal. I hope Robin Thicke doesn’t win. Not happy, but at least it’s not Robin Thicke.
- Bruno Mars you are reminding me of Ducky from Pretty in Pink.
- Hawkeye is at the Grammys? Okay
- Thank God we have some singers that can perform. I don’t care if 3 of them are really old. Heck they could give lessons to many performers today.
- Best Country Album- I want Kacey Musgraves to win ! YES She Won! SO HAPPY!!
- She is so cute.
- They cut her off, that was rude, others had longer speaking times.
- Daft Punk and Stevie Wonder-what is up with the duos tonight?
- I love Cyndi Lauper
- Sara Bareilles- good voice. I enjoy it.
- Song of the Year- Given to Royals! I’m so disappointed.
- Jared Leto is so cute & hot!
- Metallica I was underwhelmed.
- Record of the year- Daft Punk , well I can deal with that.
- Wedding at the Grammys- thats unexpected. And not trying to be a downer, but I hope those couples aren’t divorced within a year.
- Madonna’s voice sounds kind of country here.
- Will the Grammys ever end?!
- Music Educator Award- that’s awesome. I’m glad they do that. I hope they continue to do that.
- I’m glad they recognize classical artists in those that have passed away.
- Why is a comedian up there among those that have passed away? I understand singers and producers, musicians, but comedian? Confused I thought the Grammys was all about music?
- Just saw a tweet about that we are near the end of the Grammys! Thank God!
- Taylor Swift got up as she heard the “R” sound. I feel kind of bad for her.
- Album of the Year– Daft Punk.
- I don’t care at this point,I’m just glad the show is almost over.
- This show started at 8:00, its almost midnight. OMG
- Nine Inch Nails, Queen of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl, Foo Fighters, Lindsey Buckingham, what a weird mix.
- One of the few good performances tonight and they have advertisements play over the performance.
- This was horrible! This sucked so much!
This awards began at 8:00pm and ended at midnight. That was four hours of my life that I wasted and I will never get back.
My favorite part of the night.
Well besides the show ending, my favorite part was Kacy Musgraves. Never heard of her before tonight, not a huge country person. I love her sound, I love her personality and I love her presence. She has made a new fan.
Want my thoughts about the Grammy’s Red Carpet Fashion? Click Here.
What was your favorite act? Were you upset by any of the results from the Grammy’s? Let me know in the comments below!
Last Night I watched the Grammy’s. My favorite part of the whole thing was the Red Carpet and even than I was disappointed. There wasn’t that many outfits that were on the red carpet that stood out to me. I was left wanting.
Looks I Liked:
- Bonnie Mckee- love the blue green gown. Very simple and classic. I notivced the staight cut at the top of the bust area and I kind of like it.
- P!nk- your red dress. So different from what I was expecting. I love it and you rock it.
- Mackelmore-Love the green suit
- Cyndi Lauper- You rock that look and I love it.
- Kevin Hart-you look great
- Paris Hilton- genuinely surprised by how much I like this outfit. I am not a big fan of the back of the dress, but I still like it. It honestly left a great impression on me.
Looks I Didn’t Like at all:
- Ed Sheeran- I wish he would brush his hair. He looks like he just rolled out of bed. His outfit looks fine, but I just wish he could tame his hair.
- Sarah Hyland- I don’t know what it is, i’m just not a fan.
- Slipknot- What’s with the clown thing?
- Sara Bareilles- looks like a hot mess. Her dress reminds me of a bird that was plucked badly. And I don’t care if your hair was inspired by Katniss Everdeen, her looked a mess. The Whole Look didn’t work.
- Pharell Williams- This is just a fail. Jeans, that jacket, and that hat. I don’t take you seriously at all. Who are you Dudly Do Right?
Looks that Were Close, but still a miss:
- Kacey Musgraves- Her dress is pretty and glittery, but I felt that it blended so well with her skin tone that I just felt the dress disappeared. If that makes sense.
- Katy Perry- love the dress minus the music notes. I really enjoy incorporating geeky things into clothes, but I just don’t think it fully works. I love her hair, I love the dress shape, I’m just not impressed with the dress.
- Madonna- Look was great and than I saw the grill. On a side note I hope she is okay she looks tired and or a little sick.
- Taylor Swift- You always seem to wear glitter and shimmer. I wish she would try something new. And the ponytail. I’m just not a fan of the ponytail look on the red carpet. But I may change my mind. It is really pretty- I just want something not so girly, I wanted her to try something a little more mature. But it is still pretty and the chain mail is edgy, but she always does sparkle.
- The men are experimenting more, which I’m glad. I was getting tired of the classic Tux, be a little different.
- Lots of Gold, white, and “nude” this year.
- This is cute for everyday, but not for the red carpet.
My Least Favorite Looks
My Favorite Looks
If you want to hear my thoughts on the Award Show? Click here.
What was your favorite look of the night? Let me know in the comments below!
My hallmate decided she wanted to watch the SAG Awards and I thought I would watch it along with her. These are my thoughts during the Award Ceremony.
- Watching it on TNT the guy announcing the different celebrities while on the red carpet- really annoying
- The first guy was Rob Lowe, but I was like who are you.
- What is Going on?
- And I don’t know who you are either
- You look familiar, but who are you?
- Penny- first one I recognize!
- I recognize you too!
- I like you too.
- Are we going to do this for every single actor/actress?
- Wow the beginning of this sucked.
- Jennifer Lawrence- American Hustle
- Lupita Nyong’o is so pretty and awesome.
- Julia Roberts- I hope she doesn’t win
- I want the old women to win.
- Not Oprah Winfrey, please.
- Yah Lupita won 12 years a slave
- my friend Rebecca said, Dat Ass
- I love Amy Adams dress and her hair
- The Guy with the long hair is pretty. I usually don’t guys with long hair
- Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you. How many thank yous can you say
- He remembered his mom in this speech
- This is so hoity toity
- Amy for The Big Bang! I hope she wins
- What not Amy/ Fuck you
- Her boobs look weird in the dress.
- Best joke- didn’t think you would win
- NCIS Abbey- I LOVE HER!
- JIM Parson
- Another Big Bang didn’t win again what a shocker
- The guy that won looks like Dracula
- I’m so tired of The Modern Family winning stuff.
- (side thought) Leonardo DiCaprio probably won’t win the Oscars and if he doesn’t win the Oscar I will send him an award myself.
- Thank you for getting off the show random old speaker.
- I love Emma Thompson! I love her voice
- I love Ewan McGregor God he is hot!
- Jeremy Irons is so good, he looks so sick.
- Michael Douglas won, yah!
- Matt Damon looked disappointed
- Morgan Freeman is awesome
- Rita has been in a lot of what I seen. I have seen her in a lot. Singing in the Rain, The Electric Company, West Side Story
- She just cussed and that was hilarious
- I’m getting bored.
- Tom Hanks doesn’t look so good. He looks tired.
- I love Downtown Abbey and Maggie Smith
- Not surprised. I gave they just gave it to them since it was their last season.
- Matt Damon is sitting there all I didn’t win an award and I’m no like no one cares about you Matt Damon
- I love Jared Leto! He is such a pretty man
- Jennifer Lawrence is so pretty
- He had the expression Oh Thank God
- Matthew McConaughey looks like he is wearing makeup and he got botox
- My Friend “I’m sure he is a smart man, but sometimes he does not sound like a smart man.” About Matthew McConaughey
- Denich or Thompson
- Cate Blanchet best thank you speech tonight.
- Thank God it’s over that was actually pretty boring.
My favorite dresses:
My Least Favorite:
$16 – johnlewis.com