Thanks to tumblr I have been finding out more and more that men have a certain idea what women should and should not wear, or how they should look. There are lists upon lists about how men think we should dress. I really didn’t think men cared about fashion by how they dress, well apparently they do.
Guess what men? I don’t care. I will wear what looks good on me. I will wear what I like.
I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, at the same time though the articles that I was reading here, over here, and another here were all written in a manner that suggested that we should pay attention to what men think of our clothes.
Believe it or not guys. I don’t dress for you. I dress for myself. I love clothes. I love fashion and I love experimenting with it. I didn’t get the chance to do that for most of my life because I couldn’t afford to buy clothes for myself, my parents aren’t rich, and I went to private school where I had to wear uniforms so I didn’t have much of an opportunity to try different clothes and experiment.
- Jeggings- I recently got a pair of jeggings for Christmas and I love them. And I will continue to wear them
- Oversize Glasses
- Skinny Jeans
- Big Scarves
- White Lace dresses and tops
- Sun Hats
- High Waisted Retro Bikini
- High Waisted Shorts
- Dramatic makeup-My boyfriend is not a fan of this look believe it or not, however that is because he says it hides my natural beauty. However, that being said, he would never tell me I looked horrible or ridiculous. He would never tell me I shouldn’t wear that much makeup.
- Pointy toe shoes and boots
- Hair bows
- Oversized Sweaters- they are my favorite!
- Leggings- Also another favorite
- Shoulder Pads
- Dark lipstick
- Gladiator Sandals
- Baseball Caps
- Yoga Pants
- Giant Scarves
- Red lipstick
- Bright lipstick
Fashion Trends I have never Worn, but I will try now:
- sticky lip gloss
- Bandanna biknis- Bikinis without straps
- High low dresses
- fold over ankle boots
- black and white stripes
This isn’t even the full list! These are only items that stood out to me.
Isn’t this list ridiculous? You can have an opinion, but the fact that websites that are driven towards women went to a bunch of men just to see what do they think and the articles are written in a way that suggest to us to reconsider, that is just ridiculous.
If I like an outfit, it looks flattering on me, and I feel happy in it. I should wear it and I will.
Are there any of these trends you would try? Any of these trends you wouldn’t try? Let me know in the comments below!