Whether it is books, movies, or makeup to met having plenty or an excess of it; isn’t the issue. There is nothing wrong with having or wanting lots of things.
How to Know it is a problem:
- You are unable to part with anything and you value your items over your family.
- You value material things more than people in general.
- When your home looks like a hoarder lives there.
- You don’t appreciate what you already have.
- You are willing to go to great lengths to get more of what you want (even if it harms someone else).
Wanting items, wanting more isn’t the bad part. What we do to get more can be the problem. How we treat each other as a result of wanting more can be the problem.
I want more money, clothes, books, and makeup. I’m not going to commit crimes or hurt others in the process of getting more of what I want. While I wait for “more” I will read books, watch movies, and use the makeup I do have in the meantime.
Now I don’t really have money thanks to college tuition prices and no scholarships 😦 I am working hard so that way I can qualify for more scholarships and earn more money from my job. Along with looking for another job on top of it.
Until I can get another job, I will have to use what I have or I can ask my parents nicely if it would be possible to get it. Even than I would only ask occasionally since my family is tight on finances as well.
Wanting and having plenty isn’t bad, how you act as a result of plenty and wanting plenty could be the problem.
Inspired by The Daily Post.
Spread the word. Share this blog with your family, friends, etc.