Does your special someone love music? Are they are musician themselves? Whether they plays instruments or they are just a lover of music, here are some non-traditional Valentine gifts that will mean more (and last longer) than the typical chocolate and flowers.
- A collection of songs that remind you of them. Who wouldn’t want to have a personalized CD? Even though more and more people don’t buy CD’s anymore, I find it more personal than creating a playlist for them on your iTunes account. If they are into retro and you know they would love it, do a mix tape instead.
- New Headphones. Whether or not they create music, your music lover will need good headphones. The BOSE quietcomfort headphones are great, my friend has a pair and she loves them. I love them and I want a pair for myself. Not only are they great for listening to music they are also great for canceling out background noise. If your valentine has a hard time sleeping because of all the background noise or your snore too much, this could help with that as well.
- Concert Tickets. Whether they are into classical music or alternative, you would be guaranteeing them to take them on another date, a date just for them. Have a couple of songs ready if you can. Ticketmaster, Vivid Seats, and Stub Hub are some of the best options when it comes to buying tickets online.
- Perform a song for them. Are you musically talented? Perform one of their favorite songs for them on Valentine’s Day.
- Guitar Picks. I’m not talking the plastic ones, I’m talking about getting either really nice ones they can use for their guitar or impractical ones they can display.
- Personalized Drumsticks. Same concept as the guitar pics and apply them to the drumsticks.
- Jewelry/Watch. Still not feeling the other ideas. Well a nice watch or a piece of jewelry never hurt, but to go with the music lover theme here are some examples below of what you could get for them.
- Musical Wine Glasses. This is something I would want for myself personally. I love wine and I always wanted to make music with wine glasses.
I myself play the flute and sing, while my boyfriend plays the guitar and my family is just musical in general. Are you a music lover yourself? Do you play an instrument? Let me know in the comments below!