Although I grew up on Disney, I really enjoyed non Disney movies as well, although at the time I didn’t realize they weren’t Disney. Like many other kids I thought all cartoons= Disney. I know I am not the only one.
Here are my top 3 Animated Non-Disney Movies
# 3 Anastasia
Follows the story of… Anastasia. I really enjoyed this and I enjoyed the music. She wasn’t a favorite of mine, but I still enjoyed the movie a great deal.
On a side not every time I look at the image and see her making that weird expression with her mouth I laugh. I don’t know why, it just seems funny to me.
Why I love this movie:
- It is basically historical fiction which I love.
- She went from being a Princess to living in an orphanage and just having her whole world turned upside down. Love how crazy that is. ‘
- Once Upon A December. I love this song.
- The Blue Dress.
#2 The Swan Princess
She isn’t my favorite Princess, but I do enjoy the fact that she tries her hardest (when she is a swan) to find her way back to her home and family. I do like the fact that she takes the initiative to escape.
Why I love this Movie:
- Talking Animals
- The fact that the love interests didn’t like each other at first. They both found each other annoying. I like that.
- The King and Queen in this movie are hilarious.
#1 Quest for Camelot
I don’t know how many people have heard of this movie, but for me this was one of my favorite animated non Disney movies. I still have the stuffed two headed dragon from the movie.
First of all I thought it was so cool that Kayley (the main female character) wanted to be a Knight instead of being a lady or princess. She wanted to be a Knight! She wanted to follow in her father’s footsteps and protect Camelot from the same evil forces that killed her father.
Along the way she meets a blind man by the name of Garrett. They don’t get along first, but in the end they learn more about each other, grow closer, and save Camelot.
Why I love this movie:
- A month before Mulan came out, this movie was out and it showed a girl who was not on a quest to find love, but to be a knight and to follow in her father’s footsteps. How awesome is that.
- The movie represents someone with a disability.
- 2 headed dragons
- A sassy bird companion
Have you seen any of these movies? What are your favorite Non Disney Animated movies?
Let me know in the comments below!