TV Show: Sherlock
Season 3 Episode 2: The Sign of Three
Directed by: Colm McCarthy
Once again I got all set for the episode.
My thoughts during the Episode:
- Who is that?
- Ahhh Sherlock wants to be in the picture.
- Who is she?
- She said he is going to be useful.
- Sherlock confronts Mary’s ex- hilarious.
- “High functioning sociopath with your number.”
- Sherlock bonding with kids- cute!
- No Harry 😦
- Major Sholto, interesting.
- “Neither of us were the first.” That could be taken so many ways.
- Mycroft patronizing Sherlock. What a jerk.
- Red Beard? What does that mean?
- Poor Sherlock.
- Oh God, Sherlock just stop talking!
- Mary Reacted at CAM
- Sherlock was silent and stunned by the fact that he is John’s best friend
- He is so honored and flabbergasted!
- He drinks the coffee with the eye!
- Sherlock stop talking, as I facepalm
- Sherlock is so painful during this speech
- “I am a ridiculous man”
- Mary is tearing up.
- Everyone is tearing up
- Heck I’m tearing up.
- “Did I do wrong?”
- Laughter and tears coming out of me.
- That hug! OMG That Hug!
- “A complete dickhead.”
- He marches behind the other soliders- OMG this is the best thing ever!
- Sherlock Drunk!
- “I know ASH!
- They are drunk on the stairs. How many fanfics will start with them drunk on the stairs now?
- They are drunk with a client. This will not end well
- Oh there they go passing out in front of client.
- “He is cluing for looks”
- And he just threw up all over the place
- “The game is something”
- Brillant Sherlock. Murder through the belt!
- “We don’t do that to John.”
- The Sign of Three- she is pregnant.
- Is it Johns?
- He is alone in the crowd
I watched it a second time around and I really didn’t catch anything I didn’t catch the first time. Although I did start developing more questions:
- What is the name of Mary’s Bridesmaid that Sherlock kept talking to?
- Why was Sherlock so nice to Mary’s Bridesmaid?
- Why did Mary flinch upon hearing a telegram from CAM?
- What happened to the original photographer?
- The “new photographer” was not that bright. He couldn’t have done this all on his own. Did he have other people helping him?
- Who was Mrs. Hudson talking to?
- Why doesn’t Lestrade have someone?
I know the last question sounds weird, but think about it, Molly got someone between Sherlock’s “death” and Sherlock’s return. The writers don’t give anything willy nilly, not usually anyway. We could say the writers gave Molly some happiness, but they could have had Lestrade find someone but they didn’t. Also when Moffat and Gatiss is involved, I just don’t think so. Something else is going on.
I had a thought, but I hope I’m wrong. I hope that Molly’s guy, Tom, is not an agent of CAM’s. If he isn’t, there is something more to Tom. For one thing even though we saw through Sherlocks point of view as he was deducting Mary, we didn’t even see his point of view as he was deducting Molly. Was it that important? Maybe, maybe not. For Molly’s sake I hope Tom is just awkward and genuine guy who just happens to look like Sherlock.
God I hope so.