Series 3 Episode 1: The Empty Hearse
Written by: Mark Gatiss
Directed by: Jeremy Lovering
So the episode has been released, my initial emotion:
So I got ready, found live stream websites, got my Sherlock Shock kit together. I was in the zone. I even got to enjoy #gnomeolives #believeingnomeo #REICHEN-GNOME FALL #gnomeolock with the fandom on live stream.
After watching this episode for the second time online tonight I am very happy to say that I have analyzed it enough.
There will be spoilers so if you don’t want to spoil it for yourself I understand, but I would advise not reading any further than.
Here are my thoughts as the episode is going along, they should be in order:
- Moriarty in a wearing a mask. Love it.
- Bungee jump, kind of obvious.
- He just kissed Molly!
- Oh, it’s just Anderson talking to Lestrade.
- Anderson said, “I believe in Sherlock Holmes.”
- Yeah why didn’t the police intervene. Huh Lestrade. Want to answer that or have your boss answer that?
- Poor John.
- Is that Sherlock?
- I’m pretty sure it is Sherlock.
- When Sherlock confronts Mycroft about Mycroft enjoying watching Sherlock being tortured, I saw a flash of Khan there.
- No to the mustace, funny Sherlock.
- The noise, the people. Mycroft sounds like an introvert to the extremem.
- Mrs. Hudson, “It ages you.”
- “So soon after Sherlock. What’s his name?
- He’ll jump out of a cake. Making fun of mycroft and tribute to fans
- OMG the Bow tie. Now he is stealing glasses, and he is drawing mustache.
- OH God the french accent.
- John didn’t notice! Sherlock’s face, hilarious.
- Oh no. Is Sherlock going to ruin the proposal?
- Yep he ruins the proposal.
- Watson is angry. Very angry
- He attacked Sherlock.
- They got kicked out and oh look he is attacking Sherlock again.
- Mary doesn’t like it.
- He punched him in the nose.
- Mary, “I like him:
- “Dying to come back”
- I thought Lestrade was going to hit and apparently so did Sherlock.
- Moriarty and Sherlock are huddling- what the-
- They are about to kiss…?
- Okay its just another conspiracy theory
- Anderson, “I found the empty hearse!”
- All those hashtags, that is the fandom exploding.
- “I don’t shave for Sherlock Holmes.” “You better out that on a t shirt.” Love it!
- Oh my gosh they are playing Operation.
- Mrs. Hudson you are awesome.
- Deduction wars, how exciting.
- Burn Mycroft!
- Guy Fawkes. The 5th of November…? Is that the plot? OMG if it is!
- I love how no one is doing anything about a man being burned alive. Stupid crowd, do something!
- Oh my gosh people help Sherlock!
- They were his parents!
- They are so ordinary. Hey John just said what I said.
- Not an Underground Network it’s an underground network
- Are we going to find out about how he died.
- I really have to go to the bathroom. Must wait.
- Remember remember the 5th of November. Knew it!
- Freaking out over train.
- How is Sherlock going to stop this one.
- Holy wow.
- Oh my goodness.
- I wasn’t in the bomb disposal, I was a bloody doctor. Makes me think of Star Trek.
- Sherlock better not be playing him.
- This better not be a trick.
- Yah, we finally we find out how he did it.
- Project Lazarus. Brilliant.
- I’ve got lots of coats.
- Anderson is losing it. Probably a representation of the fandom right now
- He tricked him. That’s mean.
- “You Cock!”
- “That is so two years ago.”
- Do you hear the people sing. Love Les Miserables, he is talking to Mycroft which means he is talking in the middle of the show. Oh gosh.
- Sherlock assessed Molly’s fiance who looks a lot and dresses a lot lie Sherlock and didn’t criticize him at all.
- All the Johnlock feels.
- The hat.
- I think I know who that man is.
As I am watching the show a second time:
I began asking a lot of questions and as a result I actually came up with a few really great theories that will be posted soon that involves Mary and the mystery man. Click here to read more on my thoughts.
- I love Mary a lot. I really enjoyed her, but I still have a lot of questions about her.
- All the Sherlock moments were great. I really did miss this.
- After this episode Sherlock could easily paired with Molly and John even more so than before.
- My mom’s theory was right about the fall. Really excited about that.
- I felt annoyed and bad for Anderson.
- How he faked his death, perfect and very like Sherlock. Nothing out of place.
- The ending, leaving us wanting more.
I really enjoyed this episode. It was honestly perfect, my only wish was that we could learn more about Mary.